Increasing E-commerce Sales by 114% in 30 days
An E-commerce website had a new redesign and the started to lose traffic as a consequence.
This traffic loss was dramatically affecting their sales month after month.
After doing an on-site technical analysis we discovered:
- Lots of 404 errors: Due to the change of website, the new URL structure changed. We created a full 301 redirection from the old URLs to the new ones.
- The need to include an HTML sitemap with the top level pages.
- The need to include an Image XML sitemap as this is a very image based website (to increase crawl-ability and indexation).
- The need to add pagination to their blog (to increase crawl-ability and internal linking).
- The need to add breadcrumbs to improve navigability and crawl-ability.
- Shorten URLs to ones more user-friendly and with fewer words on them.
- The need to change relative links to full contextual links to improve internal link strength.
- Deleting duplicate titles, and H tags.
All these changes resulted in the following
(images from Google Data Studio)